On Giants' Shoulders

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Skinny Girl Update

This is probably my last post on this particular subject because any additional weight loss would be nothing more than tweaking things a bit and at this point I'm not really interested in any more tweaking. I have rediscovered the skinny girl. I now weigh 65 pounds less than I did at the beginning of the journey. I weigh under 130 for the first time in 27 years. I wore my wedding dress on our anniversary. I can now run a mile relatively easily and two if I push myself. I've been accused of being obsessed with losing, but it seemed to be what was required. Now as long as I don't go back to my sedentary ways and high fat diet, I should be able to maintain this while moving on to a different obsession (like spinning Dorset yarn). I've decided that while I like running moderately well, it's never going to become an obsession. I enjoy exercise now, but I still love reading, knitting, spinning, and other quiet pursuits. If I could run and spin at the same time maybe I'd run more (or spin more). I've also discovered that skinny girls can eat chocolate chip cookies without gaining back all the weight they lost (especially if they only eat the half a cookie their daughter left for them).

So a big thank you to Weight Watchers. I'll keep hopping on the scale daily and doing the 8 HG's, but I'm moving on with my life.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Melodee said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Congrats again, Liz. You're amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home