On Giants' Shoulders

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Giant's Shoulders

I'm standing on the shoulders of some new giants these days. I'm hoping that I a. don't tumble off or b. crush them underneath my weight. The new shoulders are the people at WW online which I joined a month ago in an attempt to find the skinny person I used to be. Any of you who've been reading this for any length of time saw my funny hat pictures back in February and could easily see that a session with WW was overdue.

I've been doing this for a month and have lost 8 pounds so far. I've been reluctant to 'fess up here, for fear I'd come crashing to the ground. However, after visiting the website of the Amazing Shrinking Mother this morning, I decided it was time to come clean. I'm actually enjoying the program, the whole family is eating more fruits and veggies and unlike some weight loss attempts this one has me feeling energized and not starving.

So I'll update you from time to time and if I don't update you, come in and bug me about it. That skinny girl I used to be has woken up like Rip Van Winkle and she's really annoyed at what's happened to her body over the last 23 years. So it's time for her to start cracking the whip and insisting on rearranging some furniture.

If you are struggling with your own weight issues, welcome. Let's fight the battle together.

When Miss HTML Genius comes home this weekend, just maybe I can get her to scan pictures of the skinny girl I used to be. I'm hoping that by Christmas or so there'll be a need for some before and after pictures. Right now the only thing that 8 pounds does is get me back into some clothes I couldn't wear a month ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home