On Giants' Shoulders

Friday, December 15, 2006

It Just Keeps Getting Worse

So today I went to the rental car where the exchanged the HHR for a Dodge Charger. I was still not completely thrilled, but figured I could manage with it (it didn't have seats that adjusted upward, so I felt like I was sitting in a hole, but it wasn't a whole lot worse than our Taurus which I drive from time to time) no such luck. Within 5 minutes of renting it, while still trying to get adjusted to it's contours, I ran over a curb, damaged the rocker panel and bent the wheel rim. I took it back, of course, filed the insurance claim, and came home. They wanted to rent me another car, but I declined. All I really want to do is go crawl into bed with some good books and the remote to the DVD player. I don't want to DO anything more where I might possibly damage something or injure myself. I feel like a total idiot. What I don't want to do is drive a car that I'm not comfortable with. So for the moment we are not using a rental car. I figure I'll use the Taurus in the evening or on the weekend and I'll use my feet during the day. Hey, what's the worst I could do on foot other than break an ankle or something?

Oh well, I wanted a simpler life for Advent. I guess I'll exercise at home, cook out of the cupboard, and in general lie low until I get my own car back again.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

More and more hugs ....

I'm so sorry!

And I'm sorry to be so behind on what's been happening with you. You're right ... these are the kind of energy-sapping things that make you want to just curl up alone ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home