On Giants' Shoulders

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pride Goeth Before a Face Plant

Well, my Knitting Olympics sweater was coming along nicely. I'd not been able to knit for a few days but in an afternoon and part of a morning I got the first sleeve done, and I had the body of the sweater done up to the joining round by last Friday. So it looked like I was heading for the homestretch with maybe not time to spare, but time enough. Then as I was matching the sleeve up to the body to admire how well the stripes matched, I saw it. There was a horrible, unfixable mistake in the second change. I only did 2 rows of color 3 instead of 3. So I had to rip it all the way back. I doubt I'll even finish the body by tonight, and I still have a whole sleeve, plus the yoke of the sweater to do. I think I know how some of those athletes who didn't win gold, but face planted or otherwise flopped under the pressure. Oh well, the lesson in Introduction to the Devout Life today was on humility. Nothing like a face plant to deal a blow to pride. Now back to my knitting. Maybe I can at least get it done before we go to New York in 9 days.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger Michelle Therese said...

Oh... sounds like me with Olympic Housework LOL!! **Face Plant**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home