On Giants' Shoulders

Friday, February 03, 2006

Olympic Challenge

There is a knitting Olympics out there in blogdom where knitters are being challenged to knit something they've never done during the Olympics. Knitters are to cast on during the opening ceremony and finish by the closing ceremony. I wanted to do it, I really did. I even knew what I wanted to do: entrelac socks out of handspun Dorset wool. I decided to do something even better. My challenge to myself is to finish my problem purple sweater by the closing ceremony. It's not something new, it's something undone, imcomplete, unfinished business. Just call me the Michelle Kwan of the knitting world. Michelle is going for gold, one more time. I just want to finish a purple sweater.

So is there anyone else out there with a partially done project who'd like to join me for an Olympics challenge? Let's see if we can quit procrastinating and finish by the closing ceremony. We could call it the Unfinished Business Olympics. It doesn't even have to be crafts. It could be an article you're writing, a book you need to finish reading, some mending that's screaming to be done, unanswered correpondence, a cupboard that is pleading to be cleaned. In short anything that you've been putting off. Of course it will be easier if it's something like knitting, crocheting, quilting, rug hooking, or tatting that you can do while you watch the games. It just doesn't have to be something you can do during the games. Maybe you can even play games with yourself. You can't watch the ice skating that's on that night unless you've worked for a few hours on your project, etc.

Anyone up for it? Procrastinators everywhere join the Unfinished Business Olmpics and go for the gold.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Let's see ... as we worked on making miniature rag dolls last night, my girls found a tiny square of unfinished cross-stitch that I started before my eldest was born. That would make the project roughly 13 years old.
But, I dunno ... I hate to commit ....
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home