On Giants' Shoulders

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Skinny Person is Breaking Out

Last May I shared with you the beginnings of a journey. Some of you read my Xanga site and some do not. If you don't you might wonder whether I stalled out after Christmas. Well, I did sort of slow down for a couple of weeks, but Lent has really sped things back up. Today I hit the 50 lb mark. That's a major milestone for me. I now weigh about what I did when my youngest was oh, say 8 (she's now 25). I have only 3 pounds to go to get out of the overweight category completely. My BMI is 25.1 instead of the 34 I started out with. I still have 17 lbs I want to lose, but I'm loving my new energy level, and the fact that I can actually do things I only dreamed of a year ago. Now do you suppose that when I finally hit 127 I will be able to go to the climbing gym with my daughter or is that a really silly pipe dream for a 58 year old??? I'm not sure about that, but it sure is nice to be able to actually hula hoop again (even if it is undignified). It's also nice to be able to run up stairs and climb in and out of sheep pens. Spring is beginning to spring and I'm feeling like this year my mood matches it. Oh BTW for some reason I just had my first winter in years without SADD. Do you suppose what I've eaten all these years had something to do with seasonal depression??? I did slow down a bit in January and February, but it was nothing compared to previous years.

It's so strange to feel so happy about this while still feeling the somberness of Holy Week, but there it is. Of course Holy Week is always a time when somberness mixes with joy. It's always a time when sorrow for sin mixes with gratitude for all that Christ did for us and all that He offers for us day by day.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Congratulations, Liz! What an amazing amount of self-discipline and perseverance! You sound great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home