On Giants' Shoulders

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Used to be So Smart

I used to be 23 and skinny
My cousin was 18 and fat
I knew it was lack of discipline
That made her so
I knew it would never be me
I was SO smart

I used to be 25 and single
I knew everything about
Raising kids
That my friend with 4 didn't know
My kids would never... you fill in the blank
I was SO smart.

Then I was in my 30's
My friend's kids were teens
They were giving her fits
My little ones were never going to do that
I was SO smart.

Then I was in my 40's
I was fat
My kids were teens
And you know what?
I wasn't So smart anymore.

Now I'm in my fifties
I've figured out a lot of things
I'm not fat today, but I was
I know more than I did before
But I don't feel very smart at all.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, Liz, so perfect!

I know that I did all my best parenting before having kids. ;-)

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it Liz! So true. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home