On Giants' Shoulders

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Combatting SADD With Funny Hats




Kris Franklin over at Space Dweebs suggests funny hats for writing inspiration. So today since we seem to be suffering from February SADD around here I decided to go funny hat shopping. My daughter indulged me and went along, in part to prevent me getting truly obnoxious hats, I suspect. Anyway we found a couple. The joker hat actually has balls that light up, although that doesn't show up in the picture. I hope they make you laugh as much as they make me. Hopefully the work the way Kris's funny hats do too, but at least they provided a break from SADD.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

"My daughter indulged me and went along, in part to prevent me getting truly obnoxious hats, I suspect."

And the obnoxious ones were ....?
:-)

I hope it works!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Let's see: there was the Rastafarian hat, the lion hat, the bug hat, a purple striped hat with strings hanging down (I may get that one yet!), the wizard hat (it was actually too small), the bat hat and a number of others. She actually suggested a couple of dinosaur hats that I didn't get (at least not yet). I think what she was really worried about was that I would get a hat that looked like Kris's bird one. Unfortunately, The Party Store didn't have that particular version.

Kris's idea behind this is that if you wear a funny hat your remind yourself that writing is fun work, not hard work. The secondary idea yesterday was that we needed just a little bit of something silly added to our day because things have been a bit off around here.

Hope it made you laugh!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger KristineFranklin said...

The joker hat with light up dingle-balls!!!! I love it! And see? It worked. GO GO GO!! Check out the silly hats AND glasses at www.elope.com (ELOPE stands for Everyone Laughing On Planet Earth.) Happy Writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home