On Giants' Shoulders

Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Links

I put some new links up this week. One was a site that my friend Karen sent people to last week. It's called Et Tu and it's the blog of a former atheist, now Catholic convert. She's an inspiration! Currently she's doing a radical experiment in prayer and doing the liturgy of the hours despite having 3 very tiny children. Stop by and check it out.

The other link is to the blog of a real life friend. Heart Strings is the blog of my friend Ellen, whom I see far too infrequently in recent years. We were homeschoolers together and two of her kids were two of MY lit kids (in the past, not currently. Her son married my daughter's best friend in high school and Abby was a bridesmaid at the wedding. And Ellen and I were in the same Pampered Chef unit lo those many years ago when we both briefly (she for longer than me) did Pampered Chef. So it was really fun this week to discover, via Facebook, that Ellen has a blog of her own.

Ellen is the mom of 6 living children, one of whom is now in Iraq (AGAIN). So if you want to know what it's like to be married to a military man and be a military mom as well, here's your chance to check in with one. She's a fun lady who loves the Lord, loves her kids and grandkids, and is incredibly creative in ways that I can only dream of being.

Currently she's planning a wedding for her youngest daughter Amy (one of my favoritest of all times lit kids). Amy is getting married in a couple of weeks and will be heading to Japan with her new husband this spring. So... Ellen's blog may not get updated very quickly for awhile, but you can catch up with what's been happening of late and even read Boomer Question ( a list to tell you how you know you're grown up).

It's nice to have new links, it's even nicer when they're people you know in the real world.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said...

Isn't Jen great? I'll have to check out Ellen's blog.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thank you for the link!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger LNA said...

Thanks Liz--I am honored to be included on your link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home