On Giants' Shoulders

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Moving Day

Well today was a big moving day for my daughter (you know, the HTML genius!). We got her bed and chairs and tv, vcr, dvd player etc. moved into her new apartment. We thought we got the futon moved in too, but when we opened the box we discovered there were pieces missing. So dh has to go to the warehouse tomorrow and yell at someone to get the missing pieces. I'll take them up later in the week. She also wasn't able to get a table and chairs yet. She has a couple of Telescope chairs to sit in though, so she's sort of half camping out, half moved in.

It's a great apartment and it's not the first time we've moved her. It's just the first time that we've moved her someplace that wasn't essentially a dorm. It seems a lot more permanent this time.

Fortunately, it's only an hour and a half away and it's a drive I do on a fairly frequent basis. It's the same area where most of us (dh excepted) went to college so it feels sort of like home anyway. Now I get to go back to taking her out to lunch or dinner every now and then. Maybe I should even sign up for an evening class this fall...

There's a church right down the street from her and some other great parishes in the area. She has friends, she has a job, she has a nice landlady. She even has a porch, a backyard, a garage, and a dishwasher. I think it's going to be a great experience for her. I'm just going to miss her.

Oh, by the way. You'll notice my links didn't get organized. Things got a little too hectic. Maybe next weekend, in between watching Pirates II and giving her cousin driving lessons, she'll get a chance to help me organize my links. I wouldn't count on it though. Life is moving fast these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home